Preventing HIV as well as other STDs With Secure Intercourse
Articles On Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV)
You think that practicing safe intercourse takes the joy away from sex? It generally does not need certainly to. Secure sex techniques merely combine the pleasure that is greatest aided by the least threat of contracting HIV along with other sexually transmitted infections (STIs), such as for instance herpes or syphilis. Secure sex can in fact boost your sex-life by increasing interaction and trust between both you and your partners that are sexual.
What Is the Safest Intercourse?
The best means to avoid HIV or STIs, needless to say, is abstinence, which can be no intercourse at all. Upcoming, the best sex is sex that is provided between a couple that are perhaps not contaminated with any STIs (including HIV), whom have only intercourse with each other, and that don’t make use of injectable medications. The safest sexual activities include if your partner is infected with HIV or another STI, or you don’t know your partner’s sexual history
- Fantasizing or phone sex that is having
- Touching your own personal human body erotically (masturbation) or having each partner touch his / her very very own human body (shared masturbation)
- Caressing your lover utilizing massage that is nonsexual
- Rubbing against your spouse’s human body with clothing on
What Exactly Is Secure Intercourse?
Safer intercourse that is sexual some danger, however it is much, much safer than using no precautions at all. Simply speaking, safe intercourse means maybe perhaps not allowing your lover’s semen or genital secretions to have of one’s vagina, anus, penis, or lips. Moreover it means genital skin-to-skin contact that is avoiding. Which is because some STIs are spread by simply skin-to-skin contact. Safe sex entails using precautions if you’ve got cuts, sores, or bleeding gum tissue; these could boost the chance of distributing HIV.
Safe intercourse is protected intercourse during every single intimate encounter. It provides:
- Oral sex by having a condom, dental dam, or wrap that is plastic
- Genital sex having a male or condom that is female
- Anal intercourse by having a male or female condom
Imagine if You And Your Spouse Are Both HIV Positive?
It might seem you don’t have to exercise safe intercourse if both you and your spouse have HIV. But exercising sex that is safe assist protect you against other STIs. It will additionally protect you against other strains of HIV, which can maybe maybe maybe not react well to medicine.
The principles below can help lovers with HIV, also uninfected lovers who wish to avoid getting HIV or an STI.
Making use of Condoms as well as other Obstacles for Secure Sex
Obstacles work by blocking numerous viruses, germs, along with other infectious particles. Male latex condoms would be the many typical barrier utilized for safe intercourse. In case your partner will not make use of a condom that is male you should use a feminine condom, which fits in the vagina. They are higher priced than male condoms and have a little more training to understand how exactly to make use of.
Check out fundamental things you have to know about buying and making use of condoms along with other protective obstacles.
- Always utilize a barrier that is new and each time you have got intercourse.
- Only buy latex condoms which can be built to avoid illness. They are for sale in medication shops without having a prescription.
- Only utilize water-based lubricants, such as K-Y jelly, with latex latin bride condoms. Avoid using oil- or petroleum-based lubricants such as Vaseline or hand cream; they could cause the plastic in latex condoms to split.
- If you’re allergic to latex, you can make use of a polyurethane condom having an oil-based lubricant.
- Shop condoms in an awesome, dry destination far from sunlight. Do not keep a condom in your wallet for over a couple of hours at a time.
- Avoid using a condom that is brittle, gluey, or discolored, or perhaps in a package that is damaged.
- During dental sex, protect the genital that is entire anus area with a barrier. You should use a “dental dam” (latex squares, that are obtainable in medical supply shops or adult stores) or a sizable little bit of synthetic place. You are able to make use of a condom that is unused lengthwise.
- In the event that you as well as your partner are HIV good, utilize latex surgical gloves whenever checking out one another intimately. Tiny cuts regarding the hand might get contaminated with HIV, or distribute HIV.
You may pose a question to your medical practitioner in regards to the HIV drug Truvada. It’s been authorized to be used in those at risky being a real means to stop HIV disease. Truvada should always be found in combination with safe intercourse techniques.
SOURCES: Planned Parenthood internet site: “Safer Intercourse. ” AIDS InfoNet site: “Safer Intercourse recommendations. ” American Academy of Family Physicians internet site: “HIV and AIDS: Simple tips to lessen your danger. ” Gay guys’s wellness Crisis website: “HIV/AIDS Basics. ” Food And Drug Administration web site: “Condoms and intimately Transmitted Diseases. Specially AIDS. ” MedlinePlus webpage: “Medical Encyclopedia: Condoms. ” Food And Drug Administration internet site. CDC: “Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP). “